Sunday, March 27, 2022

My Five Top Sources of News and Info

 Source #1

Parents

Like most kids growing up, kids would learn things from their parents, like such news and info. Personally, growing up I would be like "Oh cool look news", as I would understand the topics and info being pushed out, the news never, and still, is not something I will deeply look into just out of boredom. Learning about things sometimes comes from my parents now, as I honestly don't go out of my way to watch politics and people rant to each other about their opinions. It also has become hard for me to trust what people say, there is always a different story.

Source #2

Social Media

A lot of what people are consuming comes from their phones and social media. The news used to go around by newspapers and broadcasts, but now people can pull out their phones and post something like a "snap". News and information are right at the tip of our fingertips. With this much knowledge and information, there comes a point when I question if it is all correct. Although, I might see it around on social media, I must admit my first thoughts are "where are they getting this side of the story from?". My first instinct isn't to jump right into the story I've seen or been shown, I have a "responsibility" to myself to either take what they say on social media true or false, and I must be responsible and smart enough to not allow fake news to weave into the stories I've been told if I choose to go towards the social media route for news and info.

 Source #3

The Local News

When I happen to tune into some form of news on the television, it is most defiantly not CNN or any of the major broadcasting new stations, as I find they start to argue with one another, which then I change the channel. I would rather tune into local news stations before I watch the big news channels, I find them arguing as a form of opinions and if they are fighting over what is supposed to be called "facts", then it must not be a 100% straight story and has a curve on it. 

Source #4

Own Research

As ridiculous as it sounds, sometimes i would have to do my own research, from multiple sources and see the middle ground. YouTube can be a good place to start, though, watch out for opinions. However, if I am looking for a story from a clear and trusted source, then wherever that incident (or whatever story I am looking up) occurred, it might be key on trying to find a local news channel around the event. Sometimes translation gets mixed matched in transmission, it's like telephone, the story changes a bit from the original source.

Source #5


Friends

Another way I might get information about what's going on is my friends. My friends are people I trust and know them enough to see who and why they would listen to a certain source, so sometimes when learning about things going on, i go towards my friends in seeing what they have to say. Now, again, I don't normally go out of my way to watch the news, as sometimes its negative, my friends may keep me updated in what might be going on if the conversation topic is brought up. 


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #11- Age of A.I.

 Blog Post #11- Age of A.I We all want the best for human evolution, however, when people mention AI, or Artificial Intelligence, people u...