Sunday, May 8, 2022

EOTO #2- Transhumanism

 EOTO 2- Blog Post #7 – Transhumanism

 


Professor split us up into our same groups as EOTO 1, we got a good number of cool options for our group. I got to pick Transhumanism, I for one had no idea what that was, it sounded cool, also the others got picked and I was left with two options left, and this when on top of the other choice for me. My classmate explained how it was like Bruce Banner and the Hulk, I was like “wow they are speaking my language!” I looked into since we were obviously going to be presenting it, and it was a tad bit different than that, but it was very interesting. It is the thought that we, as human beings, are not stuck in our physical forms, and die when our bodies get older, but we can mentally shift our minds to another form, such as a chip for our minds and we live for a long time. As for now, all I know is that this is all theory, but people believe it can happen, we are not stuck as our physical form, we can live beyond that. Some think that technology can help make us make that jump. However, it is all theory, extremely hard to wrap your head around that idea that we can one day become digitalized and transferred. It is hard to imagine the fact that our natural bodies can be converted to some form of technology, I have no idea how that may happen, but the thought is there.



 Many movies have been made based off that idea, Transcendence, starring Johnny Depp, The Matrix (Keanu Reeves), many others like the terminator, Ghost in A Shell, Lucy, Ex-machina, Avatar. All those movies have the idea that we are not limited to our physically bodies, technology can “help” advance us in a way. I would not be surprised if there have been tests done on that, but hopefully not yet, not sure if we have technology that can live within our natural bodies. Many other inventions must be made before we make that jump to human trials, in fact, I WOULD NOT go test it on humans until many other inventions and experiments are made. This could be a huge jump in human evolution, I thought am personally fine being the way I am. I think I have seen too many movies when technology goes bad. I could not imagine if humans become half technology and half man made. That would be a walking nightmare to see technology controlling people. Sends severs down my spine. Maybe someday something like that will arrive and be made, but for now, I say let's try our best with the amount of time we have as regular human beings; if we could live forever, then comes the ethical question of what we would do with our lives if we knew we weren’t limited to our “human” lifetime. Scary to think about, hopefully we all reason to live our best lives with the time we have.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #11- Age of A.I.

 Blog Post #11- Age of A.I We all want the best for human evolution, however, when people mention AI, or Artificial Intelligence, people u...